Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Puppies!

I know it's been forever since my last post but my Dad keeps nagging me to update it. So the most recent thing that has happened with us is our dog Oaklee had 7 puppies on Sunday morning. There are 4 female and 3 males. They went to the vet this morning and they are all healthy. We had to bottle feed the runt for day day two because she was loading weight. She is finally latching onto mamma but she still needs encouragement. Our male dog Jasper is the daddy and he is still scared of them. When Oaklee was in labor Jasper hid in our bedroom. Even when we try to show him a puppy he runs away. He is our cowardly lion. This has definitely been fun but I'm exhausted. I can't imagine how tired I'm going to be when it's a little person to take care of instead of little puppies.
This Little Red, the Runt.
The only Salt &Pepper of the bunch
This is the second smallest. They are both all black and female.
Mamma is protecting her babies from us.
This is the fattest one of all! We call her fatty Patty, after one of her Mom's many nick names.

No comments:

Post a Comment